Ph.D. and a Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the University of Nairobi, Kenya, and a Master of Science degree from Free University of Brussels.
• A veterinarian by profession with vast experience in research, teaching, and public administration and management. He has vast knowledge, skills and experience in design, management and coordination of large livestock development projects and programmes in Africa Union Member States;
• Has both local and international experience in livestock development having worked in Kenya for many years in livestock development and at African Union Interafrican Bureau for animal Resources (AU-IBAR), a technical office of the African Union Commission in charge of livestock development in Africa for over 12 years;
• 2009 to-date James has served as Technical Livestock Advisor at African Union Interafrican Bureau for Animal Resources (AU-IBAR) with a leave of absence from University of Nairobi.
• He served as Chairman, Board of Directors of the Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI) from 2015 to September 2021;
• Previously served as the Chairman of the Department of Clinical Studies, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Nairobi, for six years;
• Has served in many committees and Boards at the University of Nairobi and has served as a Board member in several secondary schools.
Dr. Njagi is the Director of Veterinary Services and a member of the board representing the Principal Secretary, State Department of Livestock. Dr. Njagi has wide experience in leaderships and collaborations in the field veterinary services. Dr Njagi is a graduate of Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine Degree and Master of Science Degree in Veterinary Clinical Studies from the University of Nairobi. He represents Kenya in the O.I.E
John is currently Director - Milk Procurement and Manufacturing - Brookside Africa Ltd. He is an Agricultural Economics graduate of University of London. He has been in farming and the agribusiness industry for almost 30 years and has held several agribusiness responsibilities spanning dairy, seed, horticulture, coffee and tea. John has also been involved in several National dairy task forces set up to tackle key issues within the industry
Mr. Gatonga is a representative of the Principal Secretary of the National Treasury to the board. He is a member of the finance human resource and administration and the audit committee of the board.
Mr. Robert Wanyondu Gatonga is currently a Resource Mobilization Officer at the National Treasury. He has previously worked with the State Department of Statistics and Planning as a District Development Officer. He is currently charged with mobilizing domestic and external resources for financing national and county budgetary requirements and undertake bilateral and multilateral negotiations relating to grants and loans. He has vast experience in formulation of development plans and financial budgets. He is also an ICT expert especially in software and database management systems.
Director George Oballa is a collaborative and result-oriented individual with an ability to generate high-quality leads and convert them into sales volume. He comes with a strong ability to generate high-quality leads and convert them into sales where his skills and expertise can be utilized to increase profitability and annual sales volume. Besides, he is a resourceful individual with a proven track record in implementing successful marketing strategies, boosting organic traffic, new business development and start up programs for new organizations.
Hon. Petkay Miriti is an independent and non-executive Director of the Board chairing the Audit Committee of the Board. Hon. Miriti is holder Bachelor of Psychology Degree from The University of Nairobi. He is a former Director of Intelligence at the National Security Intelligence Service and a former Assistant Minister of Trade and Member of Parliament for Nithi Constituency.
Hon. Petkay joined the board in June 2022
Dr. Ilatsia is currently the Deputy Director General for Livestock Research, Kenya Agricultural Research and Livestock Organization. He is a representative of the Director General – KARLO
Mr. Festus Marangu is a representative of Director General - Inspectorate of State Corporations.
Director John Karuru is a highly experienced entrepreneur in the agricultural and veterinary industry. He initially trained as an Animal Health Technician and further enriched his expertise through AI training and business management. With over 30 years of dedicated service, he specializes in providing professional extension services, dispensing statutory regulated animal health drugs, and overseeing the distribution and marketing of superior Kenyan genetics and products. His direct interactions with service providers, insemination specialists, and farmers of varying scales uniquely position him to identify and address challenges across the entire value chain, from semen production to the end consumer. Additionally, his hands-on experience as a small-scale dairy farmer brings a practical understanding that enhances his comprehensive insight into the industry. He is committed to sharing his wealth of knowledge to contribute to the continual growth and success of the agricultural and veterinary field.
Dr. Benadatte J. Misoi